Using blockchain technology, LTO Network enables organizations to run B2B-workflows in a decentralized way, where parties participate via their own node.
Just as in the real world, when parties conclude an agreement, the execution of this agreement needs to be take place in the correct way. LTO Network uses decentralized workflows called Live Contracts to automate these procedures. Live Contracts contain instructions for both humans and systems on the actions that need to be executed. All parties involved in the Live Contract validate each others actions and secure data submissions.
A few features of LTO Network:
- Private Data – Whether you want to protect company sensitive data, or have to comply with GDPR, data privacy is crucial when collaborating B2B. LTO Network’s unique hybrid approach embraces privacy by design. The process is pseudonymised and private sensitive data is shared on a need-to-know basis.
- Event Chain – Each process creates an ad-hoc miniature chain. This private chain is only shared between the participants. Rules of the collaboration are not dictated by the network, but defined in a Live Contract on a case-by-case basis. All events in a process are securely stored on the event chain.
- Global Public Chain – All nodes are connected through the LTO public chain, which is used to timestamp and anchor data and events. The public chain is optimized for anchoring, allowing an immediate response through using the NG-protocol. The chain can be used for decentralized workflows, as well as notarizing every type of information.
“LTO Network bursts the hype bubble and unlocks next level process efficiency. Today. LTO Network is enabling B2B to collaborate on equal footing using trustless automated processes with GDPR and data privacy compliance: combining permissionless ad-hoc private chains with a permissionless public blockchain.”
- Human error, inefficient systems and outdated technology costs businesses time and money. Bring blockchain technology to these businesses and a lot of this (in theory) would disappear overnight. BaaS (Blockchain As A Service) solutions are becoming more and more popular as the cryptocurrency/blockchain space matures and develops into something that is no longer just “Bitcoin” but a way for everyone to work more efficiently and effectively. LTO Network has carved their own niche into the BaaS space by focusing on immutable, traceable workflows that enable businesses to work together using their legacy systems on projects or tasks that would normally need to be passed around from authority to authority which, you guessed it, costs time and money. While other BaaS projects focus a lot on providing an “all-in-one” solution that will all of a sudden “revolutionize” the way businesses work, LTO Network is taking a different approach by taking a smaller scope and really working on that. We won’t go into the technical details in this section so we recommend doing a bit of research either in our “Summary” section or here at LTO Network
- Privacy is obviously very important to clients dealing with potentially sensitive information. We’ve seen a lot of projects target industries where privacy is of the utmost important and LTO Network is doing more of that in their own niche. Ensuring their solutions are GDPR and data privacy compliant, businesses will no doubt be more open to working with LTO Network given their prior achievements over projects with a lesser history. Again, we’re not here to go through the technical aspects of LTO Network but through the use of a tiered, hybrid network, businesses can choose exactly what is public and what is private and given that the blockchain doesn’t forget, everything is obviously notarized in a way that is legally recognized. If you’re familiar with projects that work with “private smart contracts” such as Enigma, it’s a similar premise yet somewhat unique given the slightly different target demographic and industry. This all boils down to a whole lot of control for businesses dealing with private info.
- The businesses/clients LTO Network has worked with in the past really pay credit to how well the Team can network and advertise their services. While it’s important to note not ALL of these businesses are using LTO Network specifically right now, the Team has been specializing in and building workflow applications since 2014. Blockchain technology will simply allow LTO Network to kick it into sixth gear. With clients such as Dekra, Merin and Stena just to name a few along with partners like POA Network, NuCypher and CPChain, it’s clear the Team are serious about not only working with big clients but also networking and collaborating with blockchain technology companies/projects. It’s very clear that LTO Network took a LONG time to develop their business model and scope out the future of the project BEFORE they were funded.
- LTO Networks Team Members really stand out as a positive here. We’ve heard criticism about the Core Team not having extensive experience in blockchain technology, but is that even necessary for a BaaS solution to succeed? Probably not. The strengths here are from the Team Members prior endeavors and their experience with companies such as PwC, Deloitte and Cloud9 IDE. Rick Schmitz (CEO) was a Private Equity and M&A Tax lawyer at both PwC and Deloitte. Arnold Daniels (Lead Arch) is a software engineer with over 20 years of experience and a certified AWS architect. And Sven Stam (CTO) has 15+ years of experience. He holds a masters degree in Artificial Intelligence with a specialization in Distributed Systems. Check out the rest of the Team and you’ll agree with us when we say they’re well equipped to provide solutions to businesses on a large scale.
- If you were questioning what makes LTO Network “different” from other BaaS projects and have somehow skipped all of our above points that explain this, here’s some facts: In Feb 2018, LTO Network won the European Union level tender by the Dutch government to streamline waste transportation among UK, Belgium, and the Netherlands using the blockchain technology. In May 2018, LTO Network started working with DEKRA, a European vehicle inspection company (insurance sector) with over 3 billion USD revenue in 2017, for their GDPR compliant solution. And in October 2018 the Team were awarded runner-up at Exporeal and REIN Innovation competition for their work with Merin. Did we mention all of this was accomplished BEFORE their ICO was held? LTO Network is wasting no time either; they plan on launching their Mainnet, anchoring existing applications to the LTO Network and beginning the process of migrating existing clients over to the network all in the same quarter. Awesome stuff.
- The main concern we have with BaaS (Blockchain As A Service) solutions such as LTO Network is the potential competition that could (and is) operating in this space. Yes, LTO Network has carved itself a nice niche in this category, that’s no argument. We’ve called this category of crypto a “race to the top” and it definitely applies here too. The project that can garner the most adoption at the fastest rate will likely attract the attention of more and more clients, increasing adoption exponentially. While there’s plenty of room in the BaaS category for competition, businesses that are hesitant or inexperienced with blockchain solutions will want “the best” out there. Look at projects such as Unibright, SophiaTX, even Dragonchain to an extent. All of the above BaaS projects are (at the time of writing) strong runners in this race but it’s worth noting that through our research we’re comfortable in saying LTO Network has more than a chance of being a strong competitor here. This is about as “concerned” as we can get about LTO Network, and that’s saying something.
- We’ve mentioned this “concern” in previous reviews and it definitely applies here too. At this point in time, businesses/companies who are interested in blockchain tech could be pooled into a pretty small group. There’s definitely huge potential for blockchain tech in workflow applications but until businesses take that step forward, blockchain tech is still a while away from becoming an integral part of their workings. Similarly to other projects in this space (not quite in the same niche), businesses wanting to take that step forward don’t need to change their legacy systems at all, and that’s huge. Big businesses don’t want to compromise just for the sake of being more transparent and LTO Network obviously understands this. It’s simply a matter of time before businesses embrace blockchain technology and it’s up to projects such as LTO Network to collectively introduce this tech to them if they want to see success. We’ve mentioned that competition-wise, it’s a race to the top in terms of competition but it’s more of a marathon seeing as we’re still so early in this space.
- If you’re looking for any red flags in this section, we couldn’t find any (sorry?) LTO Network is one of the strongest projects to hit the scene in 2019 so far and seeing as they’re already so well established and have an extensive history prior to their ICO, it’s about as good an opportunity as it gets. The above concerns really apply to any BaaS project in this space but LTO Network is by no means exempt. Expect slow but steady progress from projects in this category, LTO Network is off to an awesome start.
Price Discussion & Speculation
- Please note: This Price Prediction section was a feature voted on by our community on Twitter. We do not stand by any of the following statements, we are merely speculating. We have been known to be pretty bullish on most projects we review, so take our predictions and DYOR.
- As always, we like to take a step back and look at projects from a purely investment based perspective. LTO will no doubt see a ton of organic price growth through exchange listings and planned marketing in the future. Any investments now would have a pretty good chance of appreciating from these catalysts although it should be noted that at the time of writing LTO has seen a very strong run up in price, so pick your entry carefully as things may (or may not) cool down (February 18th 2019). Now sitting at around a $5m Market Cap after an impressive run to $0.12 from $0.016 Market Cap back in all in the month of February 2018, LTO seems unstoppable in the short term and even more so in the long term based on fundamentals, but like we said previously, pick your entries. FOMO is a b***h and everything retraces eventually when people take profits. We’ve seen projects in this space value at around a $5m to $60m market cap in this bear market so LTO Network still has some value to find despite its recent run. Always DYOR and if you’re betting on LTO Network for the long term, make sure you’re a part of the community so you’re kept up to date with the latest updates as the project progresses.
- Short term (< 3 Months) We think LTO could be sitting anywhere from a stable $0.10 to $0.15 taking the current market conditions into consideration and inevitable profit taking. (February 2019)
- Mid Term (6 – 12 Months) we think LTO could be a stable $0.20 to $0.30, especially if the market turns around in the next few months.
- Anywhere past 12 months would be impossible to accurately speculate on but we’d be confident on a $1 to $2+ LTO in 1+ years, especially if LTO continues to impress on all fronts and we see another bull market
- The current circulating LTO supply is just over 41.5 Million (February 2019), so a $2 LTO would see a $83m+ valuation. Is this a high prediction? Absolutely, but we’ve seen projects in this space with far less in the way of progress reach these sorts of valuations. It’d be strange to see LTO Network not reach these levels eventually.
- As with any investment, you absolutely must do your own research. We are by no means providing financial advice. Be smart!
We do not own any LTO tokens and we were not paid to review this project. If you liked this review and are feeling generous, here’s our tip address!
• Ticker: LTO
• Circulating Supply: 38,709,246
• Total Supply: 58,875,913
• Token Use: Services & Fees