Horizon State is a token-based blockchain platform that enables efficient vote casting and decision-making processes.
The Horizon State platform operates through the utilisation of Decision Tokens (HST). These tokens act as access rights for both customers and third party developers, for permission to submit votes or opinions to a distributed ledger, fundraise, or incentivise constituents, among other things. Critically, customers do not need to be burdened with the overhead of managing their HST supply – Horizon State facilitates fiat payments.
The platform allows communities to create and mobilise initiatives, encouraging collaboration and deliberation. Horizon State ensures that individual voices are heard.
- Deliberation – Built with enterprise, community groups and local government in mind, Horizon State provides a set of surveying and polling tools to capture collective opinions and distil them into actionable insights.
- Mobilization – Whether it’s secure digital fundraising or inspiring community groups to organise themselves; by putting the tools of empowerment in the hands of the people amazing things can happen.
- Secure Voting – From shareholder voting through to official government elections of all scales, Horizon State offers one of the world’s most powerful and reliable digital ballot box systems.
“We empower communities with decision making tools that inspire trust. We believe open dialogue is the foundation of an empowered community. To inform better collective decision making our platform supports, connects and values every voice with integrity.”
- Out of all the advancements we’ve seen in internet infrastructure, social media, mobile devices, etc, some of us are still forced to go down and wait in line while being harassed by several parties just to vote for our own preference of Prime Minister, President, State Representative, etc. We simply cannot understand why the method for voting and decision-making is left in the 20th century while we’re powering through the 21st. Horizon State envisions a platform where these decisions (among other things) can be made using immutable, unhackable blockchain technology. Every year we see Governments at each others throats as they accuse each other of various forms of vote manipulation and it’s pretty hilarious that we still rely on a bunch of people to stand around collecting pieces of paper/tickets, trusting them not to destroy or change votes by whatever method. Horizon State is in line to change all of this in a big way.
- Horizon State employs a very simple token model in order to enable fair and secure voting/fundraising/surveying, etc. (We will refer to all use-cases for HST as a “vote” from here on for simplicity.) HST is purchased by clients looking to host a vote and then distributed to those who are eligible to vote on that particular matter. When HST is used for voting, it is burnt. We’ve seen various token models involve a burning procedure when various tasks are performed and this is awesome for investors. As scarcity of the token increases, so does the perceived price/value (usually). It’s in the clients best interest to grab these tokens while they’re cheap in order to fulfill their needs in the future rather than market buying them when the time comes. This incentive combined with a token burn model means that HST will be highly sought after some time. The token is of course divisible meaning you can own a fraction of the token.
- Why would organisations/governments consider using HST for their voting needs? Oh, glad you asked. It’s pretty simple. Like we mentioned earlier, vote results are handled very much in secret once you take a step back and consider the amount of third parties involved in processing a vote. Not only is vote tampering a very real possibility, especially in developing countries through corruption, intimidation, etc, it’s also incredibly slow no matter where you are. Take a look at TV broadcasts in the USA, Australia, Europe, etc, they make an entire day out of it, slowly updating the count as tens of thousands of Officials tally up the votes. Digital voting makes this process seem archaic. People are assured trust and a true vote and Governments can get accurate statistics/results in real time. Keep in mind all of this applies to decisions outside of simple voting such as fundraisers, quick polls, etc. It’s all very similar in action.
- When assessing the Team behind Horizon State, it’s important to take into account what is important for a project like this. Years of blockchain experience? Probably not too important. The business/token model doesn’t necessarily call for experience in blockchain technology as much as it does for Networking and Traditional General Core Business Strengths. Oren Alazraki (CEO) has over 20 years of leadership and executive experience in the IT sector, most recently working at Datacom – a company with over 5,600 people and revenues over $1.2 Billion. | Nimo Naamani (CTO) was the former CTO at iPayroll with over 20 years of experience building products. | We could go on here and list a few more Team Members and their strengths but it’s best if you check them out for yourself. Everybody looks like they’re a perfect fit for this type of project. An incredible amount of experience with large scale applications and hundreds of years of combined knowledge about sectors imperative to Horizon States growth and development.
- When you take a look at what Horizon State have achieved through the recent bear market (November 2018), it’s pretty mind boggling that the value of HST has dipped to where it stands today ($0.13 USD at the time of writing). They’ve signed a strategic partnership with Dr Marzuki Usman, the former chairman of the Jakart Stock Exchange and fintech firms Morgan De Vere and MCV-CAP to provide blockchain services to Indonesia. They’ve garnered further attention from the media when the cost of traditional voting systems has been compared to the possible savings through Blockchain Technology and they’ve got some pretty big clients coming their way from what we’ve heard. Without dipping into our “price prediction” section too much, the current price of HST compared to it’s All-Time-High is too good to pass up and not include here in our “Positives” section.
- We’ve said it for various other projects and we’ll say it again here. We love a simple token model that doesn’t force users to read a whitepaper just to understand how a token works; that’s not how you garner adoption. Horizon State has a clean and simple token model that will allow clients to purchase HST using fiat currency and then proceed to distribute it to those who’ll be participating in a vote, fundraiser, survey, etc. The issue we find with simple token models is the barrier for competition; there isn’t one. Competitors who are looking to copy or replicate Horizon States token/business model are pretty free to do so and wouldn’t find much hassle in it. Horizon State are the first movers in this space and while that gives them the advantage of being “ahead of the curve”, it’s important that they stay there. Horizon State definitely has a huge upper hand here with backing from important partners such as MiVote so this shouldn’t be a big issue anytime soon. It will be harder and harder for competitors to climb up the chain if Horizon State continues their Networking and Partnership efforts as well as they are.
- No other concerns here. Be aware of FUD on social media sites such as Twitter. The value of HST has been significantly impacted by the 2018 bear market and as a result there’s some unhappy investors looking to blame those in charge. Do some research for yourself and ignore those who may have “bought the top”. We won’t go into any of the specific FUD because well, we’ve actually done our research.
- Please note: This Price Prediction section was a feature voted on by our community on Twitter. We do not stand by any of the following statements, we are merely speculating. We have been known to be pretty bullish on most projects we review, so take our predictions and DYOR.
- As always, we like to take a step back and look at projects from a purely investment based perspective. HST will no doubt see a ton of organic price growth through exchange listings and planned marketing in the future, any investments now would have a pretty good chance of appreciating from these catalysts, although any investment in such a new project comes with risk. Now sitting just under a $5m Market Cap after an incredible run from $0.32 to $5.40 back at the peak of the bull market (Dec/Jan 2018), HST still has a huge amount of growth potential in the long term based on fundamentals. With the ever growing need for more transparent, fair voting and the growing realization that countries and communities are spending hundreds of millions of dollars a year on making simple decisions, HST could do extremely well if even one major client jumps on board. Clients will no doubt want to jump on board once they see others taking advantage of far superior and far cheaper methods of decision making. Now, onto everyone’s favorite, price predictions. Please keep in mind due to the explosive price increase seen in Dec/Jan 2018, it’s anyone’s guess as to how long it would take HST to reach those levels again given the amount of resistance the price would face on the way up.
- Short term (< 3 Months) We think HST could be sitting anywhere from $0.20 to $0.40.
- Mid Term (6 – 12 Months) we think HST could be a stable $1 to $5, especially if the market turns around in the next few months.
- Anywhere passed 12 months would be impossible to accurately speculate on but we’d be confident on a $10+ HST in 1+ years, especially if we see clients start utilizing Horizon States Platform and the token burn model is kicked into full gear as a result. The current HST supply is just over 32 Million (November 2018), so a $10 HST would equate to a $320 Million Market Cap.
- As with any investment into a low-cap project such as HST, you absolutely must do your own research. We are by no means providing financial advice. Be smart!
• Ticker: HST
• Circulating Supply: 32,025,998
• Total Supply: 48,240,070
• Token Use: Services & Fees