EOS.IO is software that introduces a blockchain architecture designed to enable vertical and horizontal scaling of decentralized applications (the “EOS.IO Software”). This is achieved through an operating system-like construct upon which applications can be built. The software provides accounts, authentication, databases, asynchronous communication and the scheduling of applications across multiple CPU cores and/or clusters. The resulting technology is a blockchain architecture that has the potential to scale to millions of transactions per second, eliminates user fees and allows for quick and easy deployment of decentralized applications.
“EOS.IO software utilizes the only decentralized consensus algorithm capable of meeting the performance requirements of applications on the blockchain, Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS). Under this algorithm, those who hold tokens on a blockchain adopting the EOS.IO software may select block producers through a continuous approval voting system and anyone may choose to participate in block production and will be given an opportunity to produce blocks proportional to the total votes they have received relative to all other producers. For private blockchains the management could use the tokens to add and remove IT staff.”Buy & Sell
- Still an ERC20 token. No Mainnet at time of writing (March 2018).
- ICO was 345 days long. Raised over $700 Million. Yet to see how thse funds have been spent.
- EOS needs developers on its platform. Currently Ethereum is the pick for developers creating Dapps
• Ticker: EOS
• Total Supply: 900,000,000
• Circulating Supply: 734,536,146
• Token Use: Decentralized Applications.