A Global Decentralized Currency
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant, near-zero cost payments to anyone in the world. Litecoin is an open source, global payment network that is fully decentralized without any central authorities. Mathematics secures the network and empowers individuals to control their own finances.
Litecoin is an open source software project released under the MIT/X11 license which gives you the power to run, modify, and copy the software and to distribute, at your option, modified copies of the software. The software is released in a transparent process that allows for independent verification of binaries and their corresponding source code.
“The Litecoin blockchain is capable of handling higher transaction volume than its counterpart – Bitcoin. Due to more frequent block generation, the network supports more transactions without a need to modify the software in the future. Litecoin features faster transaction confirmation times and improved storage efficiency than the leading math-based currency. With substantial industry support, trade volume and liquidity, Litecoin is a proven medium of commerce complementary to Bitcoin.”Buy & Sell
- Fast, Low Fee Transactions Typically Under 2.5 Minutes
- Very Long Standing Project. Very Reputable Devs
- Very Low Circulating Supply
- Tends To Drive It’s Own Market Price. Doesn’t Follow BTC/ETH Pairings Too Often.
- Being Used In Plenty Of Online Retail Stores Due To Fast Transaction Time.
- Litecoins technology has not progressed too much to compete with upcoming projects like Nano and other micro-payment coins.
- Charlie Lee (Creator Of Litecoin) sold all of his LTC in 2017. His tweets & social media activity tends to influence price.
- We see Litecoin becoming more of a store of value similar to Bitcoin. Other projects are slowly taking away features that were once unique.
• Ticker: LTC
• Total Supply: 84,000,000
• Circulating Supply: 55,899,520
• Token Use: Currency & Fees