OceanEx is a cryptocurrency asset management platform launched by BitOcean Global , fortified by deploying cutting-edge AI technologies, providing an actively protected and ultra-liquid cryptocurrency trading market, full-fledged quantitative trading capabilities, and a rich set investment tools and products to meet a wide spectrum of investment strategies from all types of investors.
- OceanLab – OceanLab is the internal growth hacking team that supports industrial research and product innovations aiming to enhance OceanEx’s competitive edge in the market. OceanLab will collaborate with academic research labs and incubate projects that is highly complementary.
- OceanMarket – OceanEx enables social trading through OceanMarket. It gives the option for algo traders/portfolio managers/active community members to take advantage of their influences, publish their strategies in OceanMarket, allow other users to follow and invest in them, and earn commission based on their performance.
- OceanBrain – OceanBrain is an integrated AI system of OceanEx. OceanBrain is coordinating all aspects of OceanEx, governing the platform security through monitoring mass behavior, detecting malicious transactions to secure customer funds, enhancing availability and scalability of server infrastructure, connecting customers and financial products through social trading and recommender system.
“In OceanEx, we are dedicated to providing our users the best trading experience with uncompromising protection of their assets. We believe OceanEx will be the legitimate bridge between crypto world and real world by connecting capital with blockchain innovations globally.”
- The Team behind OceanEX is probably the biggest “positive” we can list right now. We usually don’t review ICO’s this far in advance but we had to mention the team behind this project. Xiaoning Nan is the Founder of BitOcean and the Chief Advisor of VeChain Foundation. Xiaoning is actively involved in the community building. He is early-stage investor of VeChain, Binance, Certik, ContentBox, Elastos, ChainDD, and Nebulas. Prof. Zhou is an expert on machine learning and artificial intelligence, and an assistant professor of Computer Science at Michigan State University. Prof. Zhou is currently supported in part by VeResearch Program and led the research and development of the Distributed Data Vending (DDV) framework on blockchain and co-authored EdgeChain.
- OceanEX looks like it’s really doubling down on the technical advantages it’s platform will have over current solutions. Claiming to be able to handle 1,200,000 trades per second, the platform will also enable traders to utilize features such as Margin Trading and Conditional Orders. With enough research you really get the feeling that they’ve picked apart what current exchanges are missing and are focusing on including those in their own solution. This is impressive enough without mentioning OceanEX will have Global 24/7 Support and SSL Security backed by AI Algorithms that will supposedly be able to detect attacks.
- Adding to the technical advantages OceanEX boasts, the whole platform is built around four pretty impressive “Ocean”s. OceanBrain is responsible for governing the platform security, OceanQuant supports quantitative trading through OceanEx’s high frequency trading engine, OceanMarket gives the option for algo traders/portfolio managers/active community members to participate in social trading, OceanLab is the internal growth hacking team that supports industrial research and product innovations aiming to enhance OceanEx’s competitive edge in the market.
- From an investors standpoint, OceanEX is should perform well with support from official Vechain channels such as their social media accounts. ICO’s often struggle to get exposure but with VeChains reach, this shouldn’t be an issue. Anybody who has invested in VeChain should be aware of this project if they’re following their social media channels, and you can bet that’ll be a huge amount of people.
- No Advisors currently listed on the OceanEX Website. Team Members are extremely solid so this isn’t a huge concern. An update on this would be great though. No doubt the Team behind VeChain will have some input on this project seeing as their supporting it in a major way.
- Regardless of the technical advantages that OceanEX boasts, competitors are always up and coming. They’ll look at what OceanEX is doing and improve on it. When it comes to Exchanges, especially Decentralized Exchanges, Trading Volume is the decider most of the time. If OceanEX can secure enough volume quickly (See Binance) they’ll keep traders locked in.
- No other real concerns. If we were being picky we could point out the lack of a Whitepaper as of July 11th, 2018 but we should mention the ICO is still a while away, so give the whitepaper some time. To be honest if a project that wasn’t supported by a huge foundation such as VeChain showed up with no Whitepaper and somewhat limited research resources, we’d list it as a negative/concern, but in this (very) special case we’ll let it slide.
ICO Token Price: 1 OCE = 0.0014 USD (0.00136986 VET)
Excluded Countries: TBA
Tokens For Sale: 30%
Min/Max Cap: TBA
ICO Period: TBA
Powered by the VeChain Network. Official Wallets are not yet available. (July 11th, 2018)
• Ticker: OCE
• Total Supply: 10,000,000,000
• Fundraising Goal: $11,300,000
• Token Use: Services & Fees